Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dining Out on a Diet: Chinese

Today is the day before my wife’s birthday and as I am going to grill bison tomorrow night, I decided to take her out for a birthday dinner a day early. As before, I ordered off the menu while she enjoyed the generous buffet. I ordered steamed vegetables, steamed chicken, about 3 oz., and steamed rice, all without salt or sauce. I asked for Szechuan sauce on the side in a cup. I brought my own Butter Buds to sprinkle on the vegetables and used the old dieter’s trick of dipping my fork in the sauce before taking a bite of chicken. The result was quite satisfactory and I conservatively estimate the following: 458.5 calories, 33.73 g protein, 64.51 g carbohydrates, 3.37 g fat, and 262 mg sodium. This wasn’t bad at all for a dinner out at a Chinese restaurant. I was able to take my wife out for a birthday dinner without compromising my diet at all. This meal qualifies as low-sodium, low-fat, and low calorie.


Here is my recap for yesterday.



Daily Dietary Recap-5/25/2007
Calories Protein Carbohydrates SodiumFat % Calories from Fat
1193.96 59.05 g 190.38 g727.31 mg 14.63 g 11.01%

No comments: