Monday, April 30, 2007

Forty Pounds Cumulative Weight Loss since January 3

When I weighed in at the fitness center Saturday, I found that I have lost a total of forty pounds. I am only 1.25 pounds away from my first goal, to become overweight. I should easily reach that goal this week. After that, my next goal is to reach the pre-1998 normal Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27.4. That means a loss of 15 more pounds. I’ve been working out 3-4 times per week so I can attribute some of my weight to muscle and as the BMI is based on a sedentary population, I should look pretty good at that weight.


According to the Mayo Clinic Weight Calculator, at my current activity level, I should need about 2000 calories per day to maintain my new weight. I don’t know what I will do with an additional 600 calories each day. I will still maintain my maximum 1500 mg of sodium to maintain my blood pressure at its current low normal level without medication, and I will still keep the fat calories to less than 20% of my daily total.


Here is my recap for the last two days.



Daily Dietary Recap-4/28/2007
Calories Protein Carbohydrates SodiumFat % Calories from Fat
1088 57.2 g 173.14 g664.75 mg 17.14 g 14.09%

Daily Dietary Recap-4/29/2007
Calories Protein Carbohydrates SodiumFat % Calories from Fat
1243.67 77.77 g 211.77 g686.80 mg 20.20 g 14.62%

3 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds like you've got a good handle on your weight loss and healthy living. It's a daily chore, that's for sure. If you're looking for some accountability with other weight-losers out there, check us out at fatbloggers.net and consider joining us. Not trying to sell anything, just trying to provide a place for like-minded souls to get together and congregate. Best of luck to you on your weight loss.

Papoosue said...

Congratulations on your success to date. I've had a quick look at your blog but will come back for a proper look and some inspiration when I get some time!

kevin said...

Once an individual suffers from obesity or overweight, it becomes highly important for him to trigger off weight loss and altogether weight loss is necessary to keep a whole lot of obesity induced disorders, namely, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure et al at bay. Dieting and regular physical exercises can help in achieving weight loss and altogether the “weight loss” section of the website http://www.pill-care.com informs you that weight loss medicines such as Phentermine, Xenical etc can also help you trigger off instant weight loss if taken in accordance with the instructions of the doctor.