Friday, March 9, 2007

The Morning Omelet

I enjoy a morning omelet as a break from my usual cold cereal and oatmeal so today I tried one with a difference. I added one tablespoon of non-fat sour cream to my half cup (two egg equivalent) of EggBeaters, sautéed some onion and mushrooms, and topped it with a tablespoon of non-fat cream cheese. I must have a taste for dairy today.

This time of the year, white onions tend to be disagreeably hot, and expensive. Both yellow and white onions were $1.98/lb. at the market yesterday; sweet onions-the small yellow ones-were $2.28 per bag (2 pounds) and they are delicious. When onions are hot, a friend tipped me to the use of lime or lemon juice to tone them down for salads. I can’t imagine a low fat and sodium diet without onions and the flavor and health benefits they deliver. One of these days I will have to do a blog on onions.

Yesterday I got back on track with my diet after my trip to New Orleans. Here is my recap from yesterday.


Daily Dietary Recap-3/8/2007
Calories Protein Carbohydrates SodiumFat % Calories from Fat
1311.54 39.47 g 258.58 g442.69 mg 22.96 g 15.4%

No comments: